Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Whirlwind


This past weekend was jam packed, but very productive, here's a glimpse.



  • led my first Memorial service this Friday night; thank you to Janis for being there to sing and hold my hand :-), such a privilege and I don't think you ever forget the first time God stretches you in a new area of serving Him with your gifts...


  • helped host a couple as they interview for the Student Pastor position, I am so proud of how we treat guests who visit FRC.


  • went to a baby shower for twins in the courtyard, great job hosting, Kelly and Jenn...


  • 5 Student services - Matt taught HS, we had one campus team with 27 girls, I taught 2 MS services, students collaborated and thought of how to raise money so others wouldn't have to eat my illustration of dirt, olive oil and salt, the best idea won a prize!


  • we had 2 new subwoofers in SM, and this week more to come...thank you, thank you to those that donated to help our sound system.



  • a couple weeks ago, I was privileged to be standing at the end of a service in the main auditorium to pray with those that wanted prayer, my old neighbor was one who came forward in tears, wanting prayer for a circumstance in her life; this weekend I was able to run into her again at FRC and she told me how God did not answer her with what she thought she wanted, but she had such peace about the decision. I am so excited to see her trusting in God's answers for her life.


  • was privileged to meet Jeff Mason from England, he was here visiting with Brian Vasil. He is a member at our internet campus and I felt so honored to meet him and to think he came all this way, that is AWESOME!!


  • we had our TEAM luncheon for SM, good turnout considering Senior FIT and Passion were also both this weekend. I am so proud of how the SM volunteers have stepped up in a big way to lead the students at FRC! We celebrated their commitment! Did you know Nestor and Eric both wear brown shorts to work?


  • A 10th grade student leader was recruiting another leader to help with MS small groups; yes, he gets it!


  • SM numbers moved in the right direction, up from last weekend, and we had another 35 first time guests.


  • My husband and I finally did our taxes, way to cut it close by 2 days


  • Came home after a very long weekend and my daughter was doing major spring cleaning of the home, yes! I love having a 16 year old girl, my son never had that house cleaning gift, I think it is a girl thing to get in cleaning moods!


  • Ended the weekend with a fun dinner with friends, thanks for all the laughter Matt and Kathy, you were the life of the par-tay!

2 comments:

Shad Treadaway said...

...and as it turns out I am so super impressed with the way you guys treat guests at FRC.

You truly made us feel like family this past weekend. We love you guys already!

Holly said...

Shad,
Praying for God's will...and no matter what happens we will spend eternity together, so glad I met you and Ashley also!