Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake it like a Earthquake!!

I thought he was kidding when he texted me that there had been an earthquake last night. I texted him back, "Are you serious, it is a little late for April fools?!". (We usually try and get each other on April 1-best one so far, we stole his car and he thought it was really gone, tell ya about that later.) Anyway,my son was not kidding, last night in southeastern Illinois there was an earthquake that measured 5.2. He said that he felt his bed shake and he thought it was it his roommates fooling around or running and jumping in the bunk. But when he got in class this morning they explained it was an earthquake that he and his college had experienced. I never knew they had earthquakes in the midwest, I learned something today. I checked the weather channel and sure enough they were talking about the earthquake that happened east of St Louis. (Corey is 60 miles east of St Louis) And again, I was reminded that I have no control over most things and I thanked God that He protected my son. I can not worry or fear because God has my life in His hands and I am so glad that my son has decided to put his life in His hand's also. God is in control and I hope your focus is on Him and you are busy about His plans for your life...! We are not promised tomorrow, so do IT today, whatever IT is for U!

4 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

I know! Is that a trip or what? Lived there for 15 yrs and never had this happen. Glad your boy's OK. He's always in the Good Hands.

Holly said...

Yeah, isn't that crazy...hope your family is all ok 2!!!

Shad Treadaway said...

I'm glad all is well... earthquake's are nuts! We had one here a few years ago and it was very strange! Definately a first for me!

Tell that crazy Tim I miss him... and I miss you as well. :)

SmilingSally said...

I'm so glad that I live in a safe place like South Florida!