Friday, December 7, 2007

So excited, I can't sleep


Ok, so I should be getting ready for bed. But I am so excited for Christmas Express tomorrow that I can't sleep. My husband, Marcus and I just went and dropped off the shuttle bus that we will use tomorrow to help transport families and gifts. While we were there, I saw the Student Ministry door open and went inside to see the "Toy Mall". And can I say, WOW! It is overwhelming, gorgeous, amazing, full of toys. I am not sure many of you will read this in time to see the room before the families arrive to choose their gifts. But what you see when you walk into that room is the goodness, greatness of God being shown through the kindness and generosity of His people. WOW! I know that Christmas is the time of year where people are more motivated to give to those less fortunate. I pray that the power of Christmas Express motivates people to give not only in December, but also January-November. We all have something: time, talent and/or money that can be given to God's church to allow it to minister to the hurting and the hungry the other 364 days. Aren't you excited to discover what gift you can give Him each day in the coming year?

1 comment:

Ileana said...

It was awesome. I was blessed to have the chance to participate in it. :)