Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gift Giving Idea









Only 13 more shopping days til Christmas. Are you done? I wish I could say I was. My kids are older now and only one gives me a list. The other is harder to buy for, but has no list or special requests. Can you guess which is which?
I love the Christmas holidays and the fun of gift giving is finding that special gift for our friends and family. I am really excited about this find. I first heard about these shoes when the creater Blake was featured on a CNN show. Toms are comfortable shoes created with a vision in mind to give. For each pair you buy, they will donate a pair of shoes to a child in need. You can even style your own.
You can log onto http://www.tomsshoes.com/ and check out all the different styles. The pair in the photo are the "flower power" style from the summer line. I thought this style would go great with the Retro Christmas series that Flamingo Road Church is currently doing.
Each year we give and recieve gifts, but do we even remember what they were. I have been challenged personally this year to remember that celebrating the birth of my Savior happens each day and I need to be giving Him my best the other 364. It is not that I do not know this, but I have to live the celebration part more each day. Because each day is a celebration that God gives me.
What can I give this Christmas that goes further than just Christmas day? Well, these shoes for one, but also my "Greatest Gift" tithe to my church, serving others with my talents, and my time to those that just need a listening ear. How about you? What is that special gift you are giving or receiving this Christmas? I pray it helps you step closer to the King!!!

1 comment:

Heather Palacios said...

I love Tom's!!! You're a little fashionista AND an inpiring writer. Thanks for sharing.