Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas #2






Here are some more photos from the day. Marcus also stopped by for Christmas breakfast and we opened gifts with him and all the kids. He is showing off his new jacket, while Amber shows off her new boots and my new sunglasses, (that Amber wishes were hers, haha). Corey and Amber love to pose for the camera. Corey got Jamie a really nice necklace. (This year instead of celebrating the 12 days of Christmas with Jamie, he decided to come up with 8 Crazy nights. He was very creative with evenings that included from riding the roller coaster at Boomers to Building a Bear to dinner and shopping at Target.) After breakfast, we went to visit my cousin and family. This Christmas was hard for my cousin, not only was she dealing with this being the first Christmas without her mom, but her dog had also died last Wednesday. I know how hard that first Christmas is and just wanted to be there for her. (I remember not even wanting to put up a tree, just wanting to go somewhere, anywhere but home; all the memories were in my home. 13 years have passed since my mom and dad have passed, but the holidays are always the time that all the memories just come rushing back.) Maddie was so happy to see Corey and to be able to play some football. She had missed out on the Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl. We ended the evening having dinner with the Watson's and watching Ratatouille.
We miss being able to be with all our family. If you are reading this know that we send our love and hugs your way(scroll down and read my Christmas letter). This Christmas was simple, simple in gift giving, simple in preparation, simple in the activities of the day. The greatest part of all, that we were able to be together...to laugh, to share, to build more memories, to celebrate Christ's birth! Thank you God for the gift of your Son!

2 comments:

Dave and Vicky said...

Love reading your blog... Check out mine sometime :)
I hope you are having a restful holiday break.
Vicky

Renee said...

Holls,
Thanks so much for "just being you". I could not have made it thru losing Mom with out you. You were there for me every step it took. You've walked in my shoes, I thank you. I also thank you for mentoring the way, not just for me but for SO many, You may not know it but your God light shines SO bright. I am truely, truely blessed to have you in my life. I love you so much!!