Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Christmas Letter

Each year I include the family update with my Christmas cards. This year it comes via my blog. Tim is still coaching and teaching at Hollywood Christian. His football team had a great season going to the second round of playoffs. Some highlights from coaching, he was nominated this school season for a coach of the year award in football, his football team for 2 weeks was #1 in the state, he had Dan Marino in his office, and was invited by Randy Shannon to a UofM practice. Those are highs to him! Tim was also diagnosed with diabetes this past fall. It is hereditary and the dr said, being in his 40's made it inevitable to get. But now that he does have it, he is on a strict diet and has lost over 40 pounds. Everyone in the home is learning to eat sugar free and it will be good for all of us. Amber is complaining she is losing weight and there is nothing to eat, but Corey is very happy especially because when he was home this past summer he had put Tim on a workout regimen, walking 2-3 miles each day. Corey is 19, turning 20 this February. He just finished his 3rd semester of college and made the dean's list for the 3rd time. He had his first college start on his football team and played the entire game this past season. He is dating Jamie and they are doing pretty good with a long distance relationship. Amber is 16 now and got her driver's license in August. Unfortunately, she had her first accident Thanksgiving eve, but it was not her fault. But in South Florida, it is inevitable. Amber and I joined the gym this year, and Tim will be joining after his next doctor's visit. Tim and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary in July. I am still working at Flamingo Road Church and this past summer, I was given the honor of being licensed as a pastor. My life is so very blessed, not perfect, just blessed. Each year seems to pass faster and faster. And I find the only things that matter, are the times I invest in others and the time I spend in relationships: family, friends, students I lead. As I write this, Tom Brady from the New England Patriots is on 60 minutes. He just said something very interesting, he says he has 3 Super Bowl rings, and yet he still feels like it is not enough. He is still looking for something else, something greater (that is not an exact quote). I know the "what" he is looking for, I have found it and therefore, I have peace! I have joy! I pray this Christmas season that you celebrate the One who brings PEACE AND JOY! I pray if you still seek HIM, that you will find him and no riches or things, will ever fill the void like (baby) Jesus, God has sent us this Christmas! Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

If you are looking for a Christmas Eve service to celebrate the holidays, log onto
www.flamingoroadchurch.com/internetcampus at 3:30pm, 5:00pm or 6:30pm eastern time, Dec 24 and catch the celebration live! Or if you are local, come by the Cooper City campus at the same times above. See you there!

No comments: