Friday, August 1, 2008

Jumprope=Endurance

June, 2008 - Journal Entry during High School Camp

Never did I imagine spending hours on end watching students jump rope would be the highlight of summer camp for me and for the students:
First day they decided to end it early, giving up their free time the next day, but not their dinner
Second day they jumped again, did not reach their goal, Soooo, we adults
jumped to help motivate and show if we can do it, they can do. It was so much fun!!!
Third day they pushed, cheered and encouraged and they DID IT! I am sure they heard us celebrating from miles away.

Lesson learned - to pull together as a team and never give up to reach the goal, no matter how long it takes, sometimes it may seem like a lifetime.
Along the way - the enemy will try and trip you up For example: On the third day, some psychic fools tried to hypnotize some of our students...

Little did I know at this time that Endurance would be the theme of my summer!

No comments: