Sunday, August 3, 2008

Transition

This past summer has been one of transition for every one in my family. The transition began back in February when my son called me and asked what I thought if he were to come home and finish his last 2 years of college back in SFLA. He had been trying to get a job in the midwest and having a hard time as a student who leaves each summer. My husband and I also saw how the college bills were climbing, but knew he was in God's hand. My advice, take the steps and see what doors God opens or closes. When Corey arrived home for the summer, his acceptance letter to FIU was in the mailbox. He will only miss one aspect, not dressing out for football in a week or so, but he knows God has him right where He wants him. Next, my husband is starting a new job this week. It has been a summer of trust and faith as he was out of work for a couple months, but God is good and Tim will continue to do what he loves teaching and coaching teenagers at the same time attending night school for college credits. Amber will begin Cooper City High after being in private school for the past 3 years. This is her Senior year and this is her decision to move schools. She made this decision before Tim knew for sure he would change schools. She knows the friends she left in middle school will be different after 3 years, but she hopes to begin a girl mentoring group and try in her last year of high school to make a positive difference in the life of teenage girls. I love her heart and passion for this. And for me, my office looks totally different, not just the color or furniture, but the peeps also. God has changed things and allowed change, now we must all be obedient as we enter this next chapter. I am very excited to be on this team that God has assembled, both at home and at work. And just the fact that it is Amber's senior year is a little overwhelming and unbelieveable. God has proved His Word again...Luke12:24, Romans 8:28, I Peter 5:6-11. Thank you! I am grateful!

2 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Change can be scary and with all of these changes that your husband, children experience and changes with the job... Whew! You need some bit-time support.
Anything I can do, I will. Just call.

Heather Orr said...

I am constantly encouraged by your faith and positive attitude - I know it's not always easy, but thanks for being someone I can always look up to! Looking forward to all the ways that God is going to move in your life! Love and Miss You!!!