Friday, August 8, 2008

Lead where you are

Many times in my life I find myself so focused that it seems frustrating to stop and re-focus. But after the last 2 days, I am so glad that I did. My heart is full, my brain is overflowing with tips, stories and knowledge, and my bum is sore from sitting so long. I have learned over my life that when it seems hard or it is something that takes the extra effort to accomplish, it will probably be really worth it. Attending and serving at the Leadership Summit was definitely worth it and not a waste of my time. It was great to see those invited, attend. It was great to meet new friends and share with them the ups and downs of leadership, but also how God always provides. My favorite speakers at the summit: Craig Groeschel, Gary Haugen, and Catherine Rohr.

With so much information received at an event like this, I always ask the Lord for one truth to walk away with and apply to my life - Being willing to try, even when I fail, means that I succeed, because I do not give up. So many of the leaders that spoke shared this one truth in some way or another - they never gave up!!! Shake it off!

Another spiritual truth I sensed God speaking: That I, as part of the American church, am being challenged to sacrifice for the sake of the cross and it's message. Am I willing? What am I willing to give up to help another life?

Check out potentialblog.com to get re-caps from each speaker.

No comments: