Thursday, August 28, 2008

3 Summer Highlights

At Middle School summer camp - my niece (on the right)attended her first camp and this is a moment after Scot shared the salvation message when the students went outside with leaders to discuss their decisions. Patti, (in the middle) had the girls, lay down to observe God's majesty in the stars and talk about their step. Patti was once here, over 5 years ago, when she attended a winter camp and made that move towards the cross, and now she leads. Can I just say how proud I am of both of them! Love you girls, LOTS!!!!!


It was great to hang with my sister(2nd on right) when she came down for our niece's wedding. Cool thing about this, our niece Diana, (the bride) and niece Megan (1st on right) are our 2 stepsister's daughters. My father was only married to their mother for 6 years and she didn't care too much for my sister and I, but out of the journey God was able to give us relationships with our stepsister's daughters. My sister actually raised Megan until she was 8 years old. Megan considers her Aunt Wendy like a mom. Sometimes marriages may end, but the journey and who we meet on the way, can be intentionally set up by God to test our ability to forgive and love our enemies. A lot of forgiveness had to come out of those 6 years, but what an opportunity I would have missed if I had chosen not to forgive, thank God He gives me the strength and example to do this.




Amber turned 17!!!! I am very proud of her! She is a Senior, Class of '09! And I am hoping this year goes by slow...yeah, right! Like I have told her, she is going to one day be one of my best friends!!!




No comments: