Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Suitcase Silence

For the past 5 weeks I have lived out of my suitcase. And I purposely took a break from blogging and turned to journaling the events of my summer. I even turned my cell phone off for over a week...I know it was quiet if you were around me, no dinging from text messages or phone calls. Over the next few days and week, I will blog about some of my journal entries. The average age of my travel buddies were 14-15 years old, the farthest I traveled was over 2600 miles and the shortest distance was 10 miles, I spent time with friends, family, mentors and those I mentor, change was constantly a part of my summer and again I was faced with trusting Christ when I did not see or understand or choosing to panic in the unknown. I can say that coming out on the other side and seeing August just one day away, hope is always in the future when He holds you in the center of His hands, circumstances can never determine your joy, movement forces balance in your life, yes, if you sleep you wake up a day older, but rest allows the body to rejuvenate and feel younger, change is constant and don't you love new beginnings...moving two steps closer to reaching my God-potential!

3 comments:

Giovanna said...

YAYYY Holly!!! you're back! we need to catch up soon k? :) GI

SmilingSally said...

Good to see you back at the computer. Come by and visit me.

Heather Orr said...

Praying for you!!! Love and miss you!