Thursday, March 20, 2008

HE knows my name!








On Monday and Tuesday, March 17 and 18, the Student Ministry staff and friends were able to attend the Youth Pastor Summit in Orlando. This is a conference that is hosted by Student Leadership and was held at Hard Rock Live in CityWalk. This year the main speakers were Ed Young, Francis Chan and John Eldredge. They were all awesome! I had never heard Francis Chan speak before and I was so impressed. His overall message was about how we should remember that we serve to use our gifts, not gain God's love or approval; we do not need to serve out of insecurity, but we must remember that our names are written in the Book of Life and God knows our name - HE knows my name! We each had our favorites, I really liked Francis and Carson and Matt P. really liked Chris Hill. Not only is the conference free, but they also give you free tickets into Universal and Islands of Adventure. We had a blast and it was great to get away and get re-energized for the Easter Weekend ahead. We are going to have a kickin' Easter service for Students on Saturday night at 6:30pm. I am so excited for the party, my son and Javan are going to sing, Love Addict by Family Force 5, we are going to baptize after the service and I know that some more names will be written in the Lamb's Book of Life. I will let you know about the great weekend ahead, we are so pumped to be a player in this God story. I also get to be a part of Beach Baptisms at Dania beach this Easter morning. We have over 500 registered to get baptized and I know a few of those are students!!!

No comments: