Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Injustice







I have lived in Cooper City for the past 6 years, moving here from Pembroke Lakes. I know, real far move. In those 6 years, I have never once been pulled over by a police officer. It is not because I am a perfect driver, I am not. But a friend of mine has been pulled over 4 times in the last 2 years. 3 out of the 4 times were unjustified, and this last time was just uncalled for because not only did a state trooper pull him over, the officer grabbed him and forcefully bullied him off his motorcycle. I know you think that oh, he must have done something to deserve it or provoke it, but he didn't. He just looks different than the cop and he is a minority. I do not know what this feels like to be profiled by the local police. I probably am or have been judged for what I look like, but I will never deal with this kind of judgement. I think this kind of behavior breaks the heart of my Heavenly Father. I think we will all face judgment for how we have treated or judged others that are different from ourselves. Lord, help me to see them the way you do. And forgive this police officer for his anger and resentment towards those different than him.

1 comment:

leahbeah said...

i love you Holly =)