Monday, May 19, 2008

Crazy Love

I am reading this new book, called Crazy Love - Overwhelmed by a Relentless God. It is written by Francis Chan. I highly recommend it to everyone. It has radically changed my way of thinking about God and His love for me. It really is hard to comprehend in my human mind, how much He loves me. I have seen in my life how He pursues me and never gives up on me. This book reasurres me and excites me for what is ahead in my relationship with my loving Father. Here are some highlights from what I have read so far:

"It is important that we not measure our spiritual health by those around us, who are pretty much like us."
"Jesus call to committment is clear: he wants all or nothing."
"For years I gave God leftovers and felt no shame...took my eyes off scripture and instead compared myself to others...the bones I threw had more meat than what others threw...I figured I was doing fine"

That is only up to Chapter 5...(I have so far to go, not just in chapters)...

Go to http://www.crazylovebook.com/ and check out the video discussions Francis Chan does for each chapter. You will begin to see God in such a Big way, and Be still and listen, you will hear Him, also. And it will revolutionize your thinking of putting Him first and yourself second. It is a hard concept for the flesh, but it is the base of Christianity. I want this crazy love and I know this prepares me for eternity in heaven with Him! Isn't that what it is all about?

2 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

You sold me! I'm gonna pick it up and read it!

Holly said...

Let me know what you think...