Thursday, October 11, 2007

Random Thoughts, Prayer Requests

So many things on my mind, couldn't narrow in on one...
  • Praying for my niece, Megan, she found a friend dead from an overdose, and she is having a very hard time recovering through her grief. Lord, surround her with your love!
  • My husband's team went to wash a wall today. They learned a lesson of humility. My daughter took pics and I will blog about the lesson learned.
  • Praying for Dr EG, and the Robertson family. Dr EG impacted my life by being the first man I ever heard speak about the love of Jesus, at a time I didnt trust love.
  • Ran into a couple friends today, have invited both to FRC, one of them attends now and then, but the other shared with me how her boss logged onto mynakedpastor and loved the lesson on anger. He loved Pastor Troy and wants to attend the church. Yes!
  • Praying for 3 couples who my husband is sharing Christ with. They have not come to church yet, but sometimes you just need to be a friend. Praying for friendship opportunities.
  • Thankful for Pastor Troy and his family. Praying for rest as the cameras from mynakedpastor will turn off in 36 hours. Excited to see how God will lead him next.
  • Praying for Natalie, she is truly wanting to follow after God and do the right thing. She is quite alone because she is different and people can be mean when you are different.
  • My son calls and brightens my day. :-) My living room is full of laughter right now.
  • Excited to meet up with the new families and people that are coming by SM this weekend to check it out for their kids or to become a leader. I spoke with 3 that are stopping in.
  • Praying for 200!
  • Praying for Campus Teams! Jesus, help them to have the courage to see their friends the way you do!
  • Praying for our students, High School is just 4 years of their long life to serve Him, make the right choices today for the blessings in your tomorrow, they think for the moment, but need to learn to think for the future.
  • 16 year olds naturally navigate away and tend to share less with adults, help me find ways to connect, despite the disconnection.
  • I met a really cool guy tonight, he was thanking me for taking his 2 sons to dinner last night. He knows Vaughn and I just know God put him on my path for a reason. What a small world.
  • My roof has a leak, my car is in the shop, but they are just things. No need to fret. My nice neighbor fixed my washer that also decided to join the club. Thanks!
  • Words aren't really enough to express my thankfulness, Lord, but you can read my heart and that is really cool!
  • many more on my mind, but makes it too long of a blog
  • i love u!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi, Holly, still can't wait to meet you. Your words of inspiration stick with me everyday and I have had some progress thanks to them. I will keep your friends and family in my prayers. I also found out today that a friend from highschool (40 yrs old) wasn't feeling well, got into the shower and died. He left a wife and a 6 week old baby girl behind. I'm so heart broken for that family. Thanks for sharing your life and taking interest in mine. Hope to see you soon!! I have a card for you.
Kristin Deedrick

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Praying for you always Holly...you are a light in the darkenss for students, and I am forever grateful!

Melissa