Sunday, February 3, 2008

Post with 2 Points


This past week I had the opportunity to see 2 3D Movies! U2 and Hannah Montana. I loved them both! I love music! I love going to concerts and I believe that these 3D Concerts at the movie theatre will become our reality in the near future. Why do I think that, you ask? Well, for one it is either impossible or too expensive to get tickets these days to the top shows. I believe the new ticket online broker systems, like Stubhub and such, have a secret hacking system. Hannah Montana was sold out before her tickets even went on sale. And this past week, my girlfriend tried to get tickets to see the Eagles in Atlanta and all the good or reasonably priced seats for 3 different shows were gone in a matter of minutes. Watch for the concert to be in 3D very soon.


On another note, (I thought of while watching the Hannah Montana movie): If you haven't seen it and you have kids from 2-20, take them. It is really a fun thing to do with your kids. Plus you will understand why she is the hottest ticket right now - her audience is vast! Both my teenagers wanted to see it, my 16 year old went with a group of friends, guys and girls, and they loved it. My son wants to see it, but he is at college without a car, so he is trying to convince his roommates, hehe! I took my cousin's girls and we had a blast! There were also a bunch of high school students that came up to me this weekend in Student Ministry to let me know they had gone to see the show! They were proudly sharing their cell phone photos and wearing their Hannah t-shirts and 3D glasses (Lauren and Lindsay:-))

Here is an idea (something I did with both my kids at different times in their lives and wish I had done it more), surprise them and take them out of school and go. I have taken my kids out of school (they were each in Middle School) and surprised them with tickets to a concert, lunch at a favorite restaurant, or on our way to Universal. The show is playing all this week at local theaters, if you can get out of work early or go late, or if you don't work...send your kid to school and do not let them on to the secret. Go to the school office and call them out of class, their face will be priceless. Tell them they are on an adventure, you can blindfold them, bring them clues, or just drive and they may figure it out by the time you pull into the theater parking lot. It helps you out in the Hero department and if they can't drive yet, it is a great time to do it before they can and take theirselves places! Hey, if they like U2 better than Hannah, then check out that movie, I think it is still playing at the Imax! You will not regret the memories you are making or the Hero points either ;-)!

2 comments:

Renee said...

The picture of ams ROCKS!!!! The girls had a great time , they sang all the way to hallandale!! Theee besssttt of both worlds....lol....Thanks Holls, love ya!!!

Heather Orr said...

You are the best mom ever! I'm glad to have you ahead of me so that I can have your "secrets" when I become a mom :)

Miss you!

Love,
Heather :)