Thursday, January 10, 2008

Starting out Organized!

Everyone works together to clean out the garage:
What we have to sell at the Garage Sale: After cleaning and organizing the garage:

I have started out 2008 and already able to check off one of my goals for the new year! Thanks to our church having the World's Largest Garage Sale (Feb. 16). We have been wanting to clean out the garage and now we had purpose and a timeline to get it done. Tim lead the charge and made sure we did it while Corey was home to get some muscle from him and some of his guy friends. So during the Christmas break, he had us all working as a family cleaning out and re-organizing the garage. Who really likes cleaning out the garage? It takes time and it requires letting go of items that are not needed or haven't been used in a long time. And when the whole family does it together, everyone has their own agenda of what to keep and what to get rid of. Why is it that we hold onto stuff? Stuff we can't take with us in the end. Why is it that we feel that by accumulating a lot of stuff we are successful. Can't we have a little and still be successful? I am learning that less is better. I am learning that ALOT about life is letting go (and trusting). I am learning that the relationships that I invest in go with me way past the dash in my tombstone, can't say that about the stuff in my garage. So join me and my family, and get to cleaning and letting go...bring it to Flamingo Road Church on Feb 16 and help raise money for the American Cancer Society. And you can even join us beginning Jan 26 or 27 as the new teaching series, "Garage Sale" begins!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I Luba da peeple who clean clean clean!!!!! LOL