Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Let it Go!

Over the past couple months, I must admit, God and I have had a few more heart to hearts than usual. I find myself in the middle of the night, waking to speak with him. And the hardest part about talking with Him, is most of the time I have to wait a day, a week, a month, a year or 2 to get an answer. He tells me to wait, alot more than I like(Psalm 33:20). There have been times in my life when I have cried out and he has answered me quicker than normal either in a voice from inside, a dream, His AWESOME WORD. I know He understands, I know he loves me and he gives me the privilege to pour into others lives because I have walked in their shoes in some way or another. But it is still hard. Standing in the battle gear on the front lines is hard and you must truly know that you are only there because God chose you and will equip you(Ephesians 6:13-17). You must stay there in the midst of your fear(2 Timothy 1:7) or doubt, knowing that He will give you the strength to do the job. You must realize that this is not a game, this is a real battle of love versus hate. I KNOW HE ordained mine. I KNOW because he promises that all the pain that we endure is not for nothing, it is to be used to help another(Romans 8:28). I KNOW because HE is FAITHFUL, and he has always been there to see me through. When I begin to worry or doubt, I can always claim ALL the many times He has been there. And so many times, He was just waiting for me to humble(James 4:10) myself and surrender, to let it go, give it to him. I hold onto it and it wracks my brain. I cry out only to Him, and finally hand it over. What do you need to surrender? What are you holding onto? Remember you are not your own, you were bought with a price(1 Corinthians 6:20). If you keep it, whatever it is, ask yourself, will it be worthy enough to place at the feet of the King? OR by giving it to Him, can he create something worthy of His Kingdom, covered in His love to place back into your life! Let it Go! Trust(John 14:1) that He knows what is best for you and me!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

holly your words are awsome. I been learing that going to him about every thingh from the momnet we go back from camp! I learn to things the past 2 camps thrust and faith they can be the same but they are not. He is biger then any thing! I just go to pray and not worry so much! Thanks holly your words are all ways geting my eye! Love ya!

Love
Natalie