Friday, July 27, 2007

Birthday Surprises












This past Wednesday, I celebrated my birthday. I started out the day just figuring it would be another day and my birthday could just sneak on by. Dont get me wrong, I like birthdays, but don't really require the hoopla. I had to work and we are crazy busy getting ready for camp, no time for celebrating birthdays. And my son had to have an outpatient procedure called an "endoscopy" for some chest pains he has been experiencing - I would spend part of the day in the waiting room during the procedure. No big deal, just another day.
Little did I know that God would use this day to show me how much He loves me. He uses people to show His love for us. He sent them my way and gave me such confirmation of what great friends and family I have.
When I arrived at work, Carson had left a Starbucks gift card on my desk with my fav Starbucks drink, thanks! I had a message on my phone from Melissa S., thanks! I knew I had alot to do in a few hours since I would leave early to take my son. But Chad made sure we stopped at noon to take Carson and I to lunch for our July birthdays, thanks! As I sat in the waiting room at my son's outpatient appointment, my cell phone rang and it was Kelly Robertson, she wanted to drop me a gift at my desk, but I told her the deal about Corey and where I was. She knew the place and within 30 minutes she showed up. She not only brought a gift, but sat in the waiting room with me until Corey was done, Wow, thanks! That meant so much to me for her to take her time, more than she had anticipated, to wish me a Happy Birthday. Finally the day ended with a family dinner at Romeu's. My sister and her family who were in town visiting from Georgia came, along with my BFF since middle school, Kim, my BFF since college, Haydee and an unexpected guest, my step-sister, and her family. When they surprised me at the end of dinner with a cake, I looked around and thought it doesn't really get any better than this. Everyone there has known me most of my life and loves me anyway, all the good and bad. Just like my Savior! I am so lucky! Thanks!

No comments: