Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Where have you been?

I know those of you that read blogs religiously probably don't come to mine when I haven't written consistently for the past few weeks. Honestly they have been very busy traveling to Peru on a mission trip, adding the morning gym ritual to my schedule, working longer days planning 2 major camps along with the regular weekend planning that happens each week, and having all the family home for summer. Most people look at summer time as a time of rest and relaxation, but honestly in my life it is probably some of the longest days. It is a busy season in student ministry with mission trips, camps, students home from college hanging out at my home and at the office. My son is also home from college and that means late nights. I can't go to sound sleep until I know he is home and when he does come home we seem to have this ritual that we sit in the living room and talk for a while. Teenagers schedules tends to be late nights whether they sleep in or have to get up. They have a great tolerance for lack of sleep. I also went on the mission trip to Peru and I was fortunate to witness my daughter's first experience with poverty and serving the needy in a big way. And finally something just for me, going to the gym. My daughter has been wanting to join and like I have said before, with teenagers, you find what they like and where they are and meet them there and it definitely keeps the communication lines open. The challenge from Troy to the staff and the inspiration of Carson also helped add this to my crazy days.
This week unexpectedly my aunt passed away from a stroke and massive bleed in her brain, she was 64. Her and my mom were best friends in high school and married brothers. Her daughter is one of my best friends and knowing what it is like to lose your mom, I felt very strongly that I needed to be with my cousin just to "be there", to pray and to comfort.
I have different stories that have to do with each of these and will blog separately about them.
Life has been busy, but we can always see God at work and the enemy attempting to work sometimes even harder when we moving toward the likeness of Christ. Stay tuned...

No comments: